picture credit: olafureliasson.net / flickr.com
( Nothing quite like it. The feeling of film. Collapse )
I did not grow up reading Where The Wild Things Are. I don't think I've ever even heard of it until Spike Jonze started development on the film. (It just wasn't well known here in Ireland, I guess!) But every time I watch the trailer I get all verklempt. Thought it'd be a good idea to finally post something to picspammy and this seemed to fit the current challenge, so!
- Current Music:Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Also I am completely and irrevocably in love with the following:
- Kyle Reese. I watched The Terminator for the first time in years the other night and oh my gosh. You know, I always try to summon a world of irony when I talk about my love for the Terminator franchise (much like Dragonball) but watching Reese and Sarah run around while the Terminator hunts them down... It's just so GREAT. Agh, I love it. And I love Reese. Cannot wait for Terminator: Salvation.
- True Blood. I promised myself that out of every show I could watch, I would never watch True Blood. But ASkars is in it and I saw the trailer for the second series and it has a BOB DYLAN SONG. And also ASkars is in it and I am a doof for anything ASkars. I was fully expecting to hate it until he showed up but spoiler: I LOVE IT. It's ridiculous and skeevy and Bill and Sookie are really boring and I love Sam and Jason is hilarious and I love Tara and her cousin whose name I can't spell and Eric! OH ERIC.♥ WHY WAS HE IN A BATH HAHAHA I love him so much. It's a testament to just how hot ASkars is, considering the gross wig.
- Everything To Do With The New Star Trek Film. EVERYTHING.
- LOST. Even though they killed my favourite character of anything EVER. I AM SO PUMPED FOR THE FINALE JFC.
- The Following Songs:
- Bob Dylan - Beyond Here Lies Nothin' -- from his newest album. I kind of love it and I'm not even a huge fan of Dylan's newer stuff.
- Jace Everett - Bad Things -- You can blame True Blood for this haha
- Fred Astaire - Cheek to Cheek -- I cried a single perfect tear when I found this song.
- Dean Martin - Mambo Italiano -- This is constantly in my head. HEYYY MAMBO. MAMBO ITALIANO~
Acrylics, colouring pencils and pen. Took maybe an hour?
Because I've not been in college, I've had a load of free time on my hands. So I've been watching loads of films! My spoiler free thoughts on a few of them:
( film thingsCollapse )
No art/sketchbook posts yet. I like to post them in one big clump so maybe in a week or two. I'll probably end up posting them to jr__nal as well? idk. GOD I am so tired. And this is a really big entry. I'm sorry!
And the trailer for Where The Wild Things Are has tricked me into liking Arcade Fire. :(